Here at Steel City Marketing Ltd, we take your privacy seriously. We work in a fast-paced industry and from the moment we first come into contact with you and your business, there will be times when we need to use your personal information. This will always be kept to a minimum in order to fulfil the requirements of the business we are grateful you place with us.
Who are we?
Steel City Marketing Limited, The Don Press, New Street, Sheffield, S1 2DN
Registered Company Number: 01511741; ICO Registration Number: Z5659910
Phone number:0114 275 4150; Email address: [email protected]
Where we collect your personal information from
We may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
Data you give to us:
- When you enquire about our services
- When you use our services;
- When you talk to us on the phone or at one of our exhibitions;
- When you use our website contact form or quote generator;
- In emails or letters to us;
- If you take part in our competitions or promotions; and
- When you give us feedback.
Data we collect when you use our services:
- Payment and transaction data
- Profile and usage data, including data we gather from the devices you use to connect to those services such as computers and mobile phones, using cookies (please see our separate cookies policy) and other internet tracking software
Data from third parties we work with:
- Social networks
- Public information sources (such as Companies House)
- Chamber of Commerce
Data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity data – name, job title;
- Contact data – email address or telephone numbers, company address and postcode;
- Transaction data – details of products/services you have purchased from us, including date and time of booking and spend in relation to that booking;
- Profile data – purchases or orders made by you, your product preferences, feedback and survey responses you give to us in person, preferences about the use of the services (including whether you are interested in certain services that we offer);
- Usage data – information about how you use our website, products and services;
- Technical data – internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website; and
- Marketing and communications data – your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you. This includes details about race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How we use your personal information
We are only allowed to use personal information about you if we have a legal basis to do so, and we are required to tell you what that legal basis is. We have set out in the table below: the personal information which we collect from you, how we use it, and the legal ground on which we rely when we use the personal information.
In some circumstances we can use your personal information if it is in our legitimate interest to do so, provided that we have told you what that legitimate interest is. A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information which, when balanced against your rights, is justifiable. If we are relying on our legitimate interests, we have set that out in the table below.
|What we use your personal information for||What personal information we collect||Our legal grounds for processing||Our legitimate interests (if applicable)|
|To process and deliver your transactions|
|To manage payments or collect and recover money owed to us|
|To manage our relationship with you, including notifying you about changes to our terms or privacy notices|
|To enable you to partake in a competition or to complete a survey|
|To send marketing information to you about the services we offer and to make suggestions and recommendations for you|
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we will consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection and any other relevant law. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
How we use your data?
Orders and transactions
Your orders are delivered directly to you by our trusted suppliers, so we share with them your name and delivery address. In order to deliver to you, they may need to send this information outside of the EEA.
We have suppliers who work in the branded merchandise sector and, who supply us items that fit into (amongst others) the following categories:
- Food and drink
- Leisure items
- Outdoor items; and
- Travel essentials.
We use Worldpay Limited to process your transactions and as such, Steel City Marketing do not store your card details. Worldpay may process your personal data outside of the EEA.
We store the contact data of clients, prospective clients and suppliers within our CRM system. This information is not stored by the owners of the CRM system, but it is held within our on-site server in Sheffield, which we have ensured is appropriately protected and backed-up.
This information may also be stored within Mailchimp, which we use to manage our marketing database. Find out more in the ‘Marketing’ section below.
We will send you relevant offers and news about our products and services in a number of ways including by email, but only if you have previously consented to receive these marketing communications.
When you first get into contact with us, we will ask if you would like to receive marketing communications:
- You can opt-out from emails at any time by using the unsubscribe button featured in all of our emails to you;
- You can change your marketing choices by contacting us at [email protected] or 0114 275 4150.
We store your contact information within Mailchimp, who may process your personal data outside of the EEA. They have in place the following safeguards for doing so:
- Mailchimp are a member of the EU-US Privacy Shield;
- Standard contractual clauses.
We do not share your marketing contact details with any other third parties.
How we look after your data?
We will protect the data that you entrust to us via appropriate security measures and controls. We’ll also ensure that other businesses we work with are just as careful with your data.
- We will always take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information:
– Our server is backed up via an encrypted channel daily;
– We will continually test, audit and monitor our compliance with relevant Data Protection Regulations.
How long we hold your data
What can I do?
You have the following rights with regards to your personal data:
- The right to be informed– this privacy notice explains to you how your personal data is processed by us.
- The right to access– you can request that we provide you with a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. We will provide this to you free of charge within one month (30 days) of your request.
- The right to rectification– we like to make sure that the information we have about you is correct. Contact us to let us know if we have any incorrect information about you here: [email protected] or 0114 275 4150.
- The right to erasure– you have the right to have your data ‘erased’ in the following situations:
– where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed;
– when you withdraw consent;
– when you object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing;
– when the personal data was unlawfully processed;
– when the personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- The right to restrict processing– You have the right to restrict processing in certain situations such as:
– where you contest the accuracy of your personal data, we will restrict the processing until you have verified the accuracy of your personal data;
– where you have objected to processing and we are considering whether our legitimate grounds override your legitimate grounds;
– when processing is unlawful and you oppose erasure and request restriction instead;
– where we no longer need the personal data but you require the data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- The right to object– You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in the following circumstances:
– Direct marketing – remember you can opt out at any time from our marketing communications by using the ‘unsubscribe’ function in our marketing emails or by contacting us here: [email protected] or 0114 275 4150.
– Where the processing is based on legitimate interests; and
– Processing is for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
You also have the right not to be subject to a decision that is based solely on automated processing.
Steel City Marketing does not conduct any automated decision making, including profiling, on anybody that we interact with.
If you feel that we have not upheld your rights, we ask that you contact our team so that we can try and help – the details can be found in the “Who we are” section.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are not processing your data in accordance with the law you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) here.