One of the best ranges of branded merchandise to consider in the winter months is that of promotional ice scrapers. We are guaranteed frosts in the UK at some point and people will often choose to use an ice scraper (plus a little elbow grease) above other solutions such as chemical de icer sprays, credit cards or (heaven forbid) a kettle of boiling water!
Why should you consider promotional ice scrapers for your next campaign?
1. “Low cost, flat and lightweight”. Promotional ice scrapers are a perfect item for direct mail or event giveaways. They can be easily sent out with brochures or literature. As this is also a product found in the retail sector, it has a good perceived value so could be used as a gift with purchase. Cost wise, there are many models that are under £1.00 per unit.
2. “Your brand in their hand”. Should you send out one of your promotional ice scrapers to a client, there is every chance that they will see your brand for up to 5 minutes each time there is a frost. It is also very common for someone to keep this type of item for many years as it is not an item that is constantly being replaced. Therefore considering how many times your branding will be seen over such a long period of time, the “cost per impression” is very low indeed. (See below for some bpma research results).
3. “Large range and great print areas”. There is an excellent range of promotional ice scrapers to consider. A website or promotional gift directory can only really scratch the surface on this. Models come with handles or can be small enough to fit into your wallet. Quite a number are made from recycled materials. We would be happy to run through shapes and styles any time. The print area is usually impressive too, allowing branding, calls to action and key messages to be displayed. (Branding Tip : Why not add a QR code with a link to your website, or use your social media ID’s as your calls to action).
4. “Lead time”. If you are looking for a last minute item due to having spare budget or want to make a sales push, then promotional ice scrapers should be considered. Lead times can be as quick as 3-5 working days (from proof approval). If your event deadline is shorter than that, ask the question anyway.
If you are still unconvinced about whether promotional ice scrapers are something your business should consider, here are a few facts from the bpma (British Promotional Merchandise Association) research conducted in 2011 :
· 79% of respondents that received a promotional product said they were likely to do business with the company in the future
· 8 out of 10 (84 per cent) respondents said that a branded promotional gift increases brand awareness
· Over three quarters (87 per cent) of recipients said they kept a promotional gift for longer than 12 months
· Over half (56 per cent) of respondents said their opinion of the brand/company was more favourable after receiving the promotional product.
Do you still think promotional ice scrapers don’t have a place in your winter promotional campaign? If you have any further questions or would like samples and prices, please give a member of the sales team a call.