Here at Steel City we regularly advise our clients on how they can make the most out of their brand when it comes to engaging and raising awareness at exhibitions and events.
Be it how to brand their exhibition space with stands, banners and table cloths to selecting an ideal, well targeted promotional product giveaway. So, we decided it would be really handy to come up with some advice and tips on how to plan and carry out a successful exhibition or show. Here goes!
- Do your research: Who is attending the show, are they your target market and more importantly will the decision makers by there?
- What are your key objectives for the exhibition? What message do you want to portray e.g. is it brand awareness, engaging and interacting with an existing or new client base? Do you want to promote your whole range or a specific product or service?
- Try and obtain the delegate list before the event in order to make connections and set up meetings where possible.
- Plan how you will record interactions with delegates so you can follow up after the show. This could be from as simple as an enquiry note pad to an integrated app system supplied by the event organisers.
- First impressions count. Is your brand coming across as professional & approachable? A branded backdrop with stand, banners, tablecloths and even branded beanbags and chairs will create a coherent and instant image of your company.
- Dress appropriately: reflect your company image. A branded uniform is a sure way to come across professionally and makes your company instantly recognisable.
- Keep your stand simple: try not to over complicate, keep to key themes and colourways. Showcase products that are relevant to your target market.
- Tempt delegates to engage with an exciting game/challenge and reward with a prize. The more creative you are, the more you will stand out. Veer away from the bottle of fizz and business card dump if you can. Prizes which are branded will also reinforce your company with the delegate. If you incorporate into a social media campaign – i.e. photos of the delegates or winners with the branded prize and your company tag will encourage sharing and engagement.
- Give away branded goodies that are useful and reflect your brand, so the delegates will remember you – for the right reasons.
- Choose staff who are passionate and enthusiastic about the company and your products and services. Make sure no-one eats, use their phone or looks uninterested on your stand.
- Strive to connect with people and help them solve their problems – tailor advice and tips to their situation, don’t hard sell – it puts people off.
- Open ended questions keep the conversation flowing e.g. ‘what brought you to the exhibition?’
- Be aware of how much time you are dedicating to each delegate – if they aren’t your target market politely limit your time with them. Try to keep all conversations to a maximum of 10 mins.
- Following the event make sure you debrief the team and evaluate if your objectives were met and anything you can learn from for your next one. Follow up any enquiries and thank guests for visiting your stand.
Could your company do with a refresh of branded exhibition stands, banners or tablecloths? Or are you looking for your next promotional product to engage with existing or prospective clients? Please get in touch with the Steel City team – we are happy to offer our expert advice and guide you through targeted items. Call us on 0114 275 4150 or email.