Race to Raise As summer approaches, getting fit is usually on the forefront of everyone’s mind. A sponsored run is a great way to get fit and get cash. With improving weather conditions, it is a great way to minimise organisation costs using the great outdoors as your venue. Sheffield is lucky to be placed on the cusp of the beautiful Peak District so we have ample countryside at our disposal but even city dwellers can get in on this idea by utilising their local park or playing field. Top Tips
- Charge participants an entry fee for a ‘Race to Raise Pack’. This will cover the cost of any promotional items you may need to advertise the event, such as t-shirts and sports bottles.
- Contact local newspapers and businesses and ask them for advertising and support. Offer them the chance to have their logo printed as an official sponsor.
- Sell promotional gifts on the day of the event. We can advise you on which products will give you the most profit for your money.
- Get members of staff to pay a donation for wearing something wacky to work.
- If you are more about class than clown, you could host a charity ball. Themes such as black, white and gold or masquerade work well. Hold an auction and get guests to bid against each other.
- Set up a stall of themed promotional gifts for sale. We have a great selection of affordable quirky gifts, such as yoyos or love hearts.
- Print coffee mugs with your charities information and offer them a free beverage with every purchase.
- Hold a cake auction. If you have a particularly talented baker amongst your midst; sell their cake to the highest bidder.